Monday, May 11, 2009

The Midland Hamster Society

<--- Happy, happy me!

Today, I was happy to find that the May issue of the Midland Hamster Society's journal (and I use the term "journal" loosely) had finally arrived in the mail. It is their diamond jubilee year, apparently.

This issue begins with an article (and I use that term loosely, too) on Rex Syrians, which includes the sub-headings, "Showing Rex," "Breeding Rex," "The myth of the 'Rare Rex'," and "When is a Rex not a Rex?" (I swear to Pastina, this is the truth.)

The issue also includes a piece titled, "Fool-Proof - But the Hamster is No Fool!" about a cheeky hamster (a "female Golden") who decides to "use her drinking pot as foundation for her nest." The author writes: "I objected, and put it back. She objected and built it into her nest again. And so on..." Oh, the suspense.