Thursday, May 28, 2009

Turkish fig + fresh goat cheese = NOM



Very easy and delicious. Cheese and fig are my new favorite flavor pairing.

Ingredients (although that is perhaps a strong term for this ridiculously simple nom):
- 1 baguette
- fresh, soft goat cheese
- a few dried, Turkish figs (you can get these in the bulk aisle of Whole Foods)
- some thin slices of pear

Optional additions:
- BACON!!! (what isn't better with bacon?)
- fresh mint sprigs
- prosciutto (if you want to be fancier-pants about it)

Also, here is a great recipe for "Ricotta Thumbprint Cookies with Fig Jam, Honey & Pistachios" - courtesy of Very Small Anna ("I’m Anna. I’m small. I like making pastries, drawing, grocery shopping, eating fruit, drinking tea and hanging out with my tortoise, Bowser.") <-- Awesome.


5 comments:

Steve Chasey said...

Damn, that sounds tasty. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to go to the canadian version of whole foods (capers) and see if I can get a hold of the figs...

-steve

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention! Us small people need to stick together (so we can rise up and defeat the tall people...shhh...)

RMD said...

I adore figs! Where'd you get that fancy fig jam?

Megan McCabe said...

Haha! I've used the homemade fig preserves from...you! We still had some left over from the wedding!!

ellen. said...

i always enjoyed fresh figs stuffed with goat cheese and chives. om nom nom nom.