Monday, May 11, 2009

I could have been raised by Brangelina...



In the NYTimes today, the controversy surrounding celebrity adoptions continues...

I am interested in international adoption, and I am verrrrry interested in Madonna... I am not overly interested in their combination, though. But I thought I would mention it. You can click the link up there if you want.

I have said a lot about international adoption in the past, and I will say a lot about it in the future. (Incidentally, today is the fourth anniversary of Adoption Day in S. Korea...) However, this is more fun, for now:



Yes, Run-DMC. Fun. Relevant, too, incidentally:

Some Famous adoptees:
- Pastina
- D.M.C.
- John Lennon
- Edgar Allen Poe
- John J. Audobon (yes, the bird person)
- Leo Tolstoy
- Ray Liotta (the Field of Dreams guy)
- Steve Jobs
- Sarah McLachlan

Some Famous adoptive parents:
- Al Roker
- Ben Stein
- Calista Flockhart (yes, the bird person)
- Isabella Rossellini (ooh! ooh! click here.)
- George Lucas
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Magic Johnson
- Sally Jesse Raphael (eep)
- Christopher Guest
- Walt Disney

(from Adoption.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should add a "Soon to be Famous Adoptees" category and add your own name. Just a few years until scholarly notoriety for you, no? :D