Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I can't believe I live here...

Laguna Beach this time. I can't believe I can wake up and think, hm, what should I do today, I guess I will go to Laguna Beach for a bit before lunch.

This is at Crescent Cove, in Laguna Beach. There are a number of coves of varying sizes that belong to the Laguna Beach area. This one was Grrrrreat! The water was so clear you could be standing chest high and look down and see seashells and rocks. (Gabe stared for a good while at one rock which he at first mistook for a fish: "Look a fish!!! ...oh, no, it's a rock. ....Wait, no! ...oh, yeah, it's a rock.")

But we did see this little guy scampering around in a tide pool. Also, lots of anemones and hermit crabs and mussels... and, yes... a fish. For real this time.

On the way back from Laguna, stopped at the SHAKE SHACK! I was feeling a bit peckish.

NOM NOM NOM NOM! A date milkshake! Thanks (once again!!) Eleeza for the tip ;)

Warm roast beef sliders on potato rolls with creamy horseradish and grilled onions. Ate at a little look-out over Crystal Cove...

2 comments:

eva said...

Gah! You are making me very, very sad to be in DC. But then again: So happy the recommendations are helping!! :)

Anonymous said...

Crab! :D Alive, too!