Sunday, September 6, 2009

Seattle!

Flew into Sea-Tac yesterday (Was it yesterday? Time is still a little blurry for me right now...) in order to go to Steve and Sarah's wedding on an island just off of Seattle.

Neat-o. I'm in Seattle.


Wandered around Pike Place Market for a bit. This is at the fish market. People stand around and wait for the famed Pike Place Fish Mongers to do their thing, which, as far as I can gather, is tossing really, really big fish through the air to each other.

I got to experience the niftiness that is the car ferry for the first time ever. "You just drive right into it? Get. Out.) Waiting in a line of parked cars for an hour and a half was not so cool... but the ride was!


Maybe I don't get out much, but I was exceedingly excited about this car ferry (I took an embarrassingly large number of photos in the ferry, of the ferry, around the ferry... Ferry ferry ferry.) And about seeing this stuff - the clouds, water, dark pine trees. Very, very beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O Seattle, how I love thine overcast, cloudy skies.

There's a really neat bookstore right across from the fish-tossing place!