Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Post-wedding random Olympic National Park trip

The wedding was fantastic. It was held at a lovely farm and was really a special event. I was having such a great time I actually didn't take any pictures, myself, but believe me... there were plenty taken :) Mazel tov, Steve and Sarah!

After the wedding - zooooom! -- quick camping trip...

...in the Olympic National Park. Ohhh yeaahh...


Is it... a pheasant? .... a funky, tiny turkey? A GEODUCK?? (Gabe: "No, no... not a geoduck. I already told you - geoducks AREN'T ducks...")

We set up camp and then took a hike along the Elwha River to "Goblin's Gate," a narrow part of the river right before it shoots into the canyon. Look how wee Gabe is next to that tree, hehe...

The Olympic National Park is really special because it contains so much diversity: mountains, a beautiful and rugged coastline, old-growth forests, and TEMPERATE RAIN FORESTS (I'm verrry excited to see that. Tomorrow, perhaps.)

Know what else it has? BANANA SLUGS. (lick, lick)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am utterly disappointed that Gabe didn't kiss the banana slug because it was obviously crawling toward him in hopes of one :(

Granny smith raincoat? :D

Unknown said...

The Banana slugs seemed a lot bigger when I was 8 years old... Still large and nasty thoguh...