Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A day in LA

Began at the LACMA... (Above is a funny, hangy-down sculpture installation thing that little kids like a lot. I liked it a lot, too. You just have to be careful and look out for the big concrete post in the middle if you are running through it at high speed. We noticed they padded the post, though. Maybe there had been a mishap...)

"Immortal with Toad"

This is one of Raquel's favorite exhibits at the LACMA. All of these mini carvings are kimono accessories. Some are made of ivory; some are made of NARWHAL TUSK!

Here is a pet-related photo I could not resist adding.... It's a billboard I saw near Echo Park. Pet-related, but with an LA twist.


Peter is a great cook. He made us candied kumquat mojitos and then paella for dinner. NOM!

Oh, p.s. - I tried to find a recipe for the mojitos (they were really, really tasty) and here is one from the LA Times.


1 comment:

eva said...

Looooooooove LACMA. Have you been to the Getty yet? Mostly, you should check out the view and the architecture. The collections are meh. Also, the gardens at the Huntington Library in Pasadena are gorgeous. My dad took my mom there on one of their first dates. :)