Tuesday, June 16, 2009

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY, PASTINA!!!

Friends! On this day one year ago, Pastina Roborovski became part of my family - creative muse, friend and foil, little 'Tina is a wee and wonderful part of my life! Here, to celebrate her anniversary, I will re-publish her adoption announcement, sent out exactly one year ago today:

*****

Dear Friends and Family!

I am joyful to announce the arrival and adoption of....

* Pastina Roborovski
* Age 3 mos.
* A very, very wee hamster
* The color of pudding (all kinds)

Please join me in welcoming this tiny new addition to my family! A very short video is attached. You may also view Pastina's Hamster-ster profile at :
Hooooray for the wee-est of friends!

Love,
Megan

P.S. Pastina is named for the smallest of pasta shapes, the pastina. Definition, from Ronzoni Pasta makers:

Pastina: Italian for "tiny dough" these are the smallest shape we make; if you look closely, they're in the shape of a five-pointed star. Pastina is made with egg.

*****

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary, Pastina!

Even though I've never met you in person, I feel like you are part of my life.

I am going to miss you when you leave for your new swinging California lifestyle!

Your pal,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I love the video of Pastina Dearest, especially since it looks like she does a very wee hop at the beginning :) Happy one year!!

Megan McCabe said...

Thank you so much, friends!

Rick, I have certainly heard a lot about you (that big one, M, won't let me meet you, in fact, because she is afraid I will like you more than her), and "adarkprecursor," I am an avid fan of your... blog (I almost said "hat")...

Thank you for sending me messages! I <3 messages, even more than seeds :)

I have to go run on my wheel now... bye!