Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Banana muffincakes / cupkins



I had some yucky bananas. I made muffincakes. Or cupkins. You can choose.

They were very tasty - moist and denser than a cupcake, but sweeter than a muffin. I found the recipe here on the "Schweet 'N Savory" blog.



Ingredients:
- 3 c. flour (cake flour might be a good idea, but I used all-purpose because I did not think of that)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/8 c. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 or 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 c. milk

Frosting:
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla

First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a regular-sized muffin pan with paper liners or spray it with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, mix the sugar and eggs. Add the oil, vanilla, milk, and mashed bananas (try to make the bananas nice and smooth). Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time. Combine everything, but don't overmix or else your muffincake/cupkins will be too tough. Gross.

Fill your muffin tins. Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.



The frosting is easy. I feel silly explaining. You just mix all the ingredients together until it is smooth and delicious. You can dust the muffincakes/cupkins with cinnamon, too, if you want. I did.


nom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love muffins and cupcakes, but have yet to try a muffincake/cupkin (I think "cupkin" is more phonetically appealing...)... Seems like you cheated on the ripeness of the nanners just a bit :P