Monday, August 10, 2009

First destination: Chicago

So.... Ohio is really, really flat. So is Indiana. And Illinois. >:|

See? Flat.

After much flatness, I made it to my first destination: Chicago! (Made it in decent time, too - 10.5 hours or something like that.) I liked it when Central Time happened all of a sudden...



Oooo, Chicaaaaago...

Yay, Chicago! But, do you know what happens when you wait until the night before you leave for a place to book your hotel room? Yes. BAD RATES. Do you know what happens when you are also going to a place where there happens to be a major music festival going on? No. Wrong. It is worse than that.

It is: HOOTERS.

Yes. Your hotel (the ONLY hotel you can find in the area with an available room under $200/night) - is next-door-neighbors with Hooters. (Not that I didn't try to go get chicken wings there as soon as I arrived. Too bad they were closed already. No fun.)

"Chicago O'Hare Garden Hotel" ....... and ..... "HOOTERS"

I aaalllmost have a view of this from my room - but, alas, it was not meant to be.

4 comments:

Rick P. said...

Somehow, I think it was more than coincidence with the Hooter's thing... not that I am accusing any of your travel companions.

Anonymous said...

I guess in some perverse sense, Hooters is the sensible destination after hours of passing by so much flatness :| Nice juxtaposition in your entry!

Unknown said...

:P Thanks, RIck. But, good call, Chad. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on making it safely to Chicago. The Chicago Skyway picture is a really cool shot.