Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 6 and 7: The Black Hills and beyond

Day 6: Exploring the Black Hills

Our second day in the Black Hills was a wee bit rainy. We wanted to hike to Mount Harney, but someone (ok, it was me) thought a hike in cold rain sounded less fun than....

..... lunch and Moose Drool beer at the "Bumpin Buffalo."

We did take a pretty drive along Needles Highway, though...

Slight bottleneck along the way. There was a tour bus that somehow managed to wedge its fat self through the narrow tunnels along Needles Highway. It was weird.


Day 7: Bye to the Black Hills, onward to Yellowstone

That sign says "Wyoming" by the way...

We stopped by Devils Tower. Apparently it is famous and I should have known about it long ago because of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." I never saw that movie, though, until.....

Heh heh.... Thanks, Rick, for Netflixing it for me right before I left D.C. I started watching it about twenty minutes after seeing Devils Tower in person. I'll drop it in the mail when I get to Vegas tomorrow.

And then we went to Montana...

Which looked largely like this for the rest of the day.... >:|

1 comment:

Rick P said...

Oh, you won't get out of Devil's Tower National Monument... you'll go to sleep, and then wake up on a government transport bus heading away from that area.... and singing the tones.

I am enjoying your photos and blogs tremendously.

Rick